Membership in NJ-ASAM is coupled with membership in ASAM. This means you receive the benefits of both concurrently.
- Free copies of ASAM News and the Journal of Addiction Medicine. Both are also available online. (Note: Early Career Physicians, Residents, and Students receive only online-access to the journal, print copies are not mailed to these members) Published six times per year, the Journal of Addiction Medicine is the official journal of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. It is currently ranked tenth in the Substance Abuse category of the 2012 Journal Citation Reports’ Science Edition. The Journal is designed for all physicians and other mental health professionals who need to keep up-to-date with the treatment of addiction disorders. Under the guidance of an esteemed Editorial Board, peer-reviewed articles published in the Journal focus on developments in addiction medicine as well as on treatment innovations and ethical, economic, forensic, and social topics. [Preview the Journal]
- A subscription to ASAM Weekly, which is a weekly e-news brief with timely news briefings covering top stories in addiction medicine combined with ASAM developments in education, advocacy, state chapter news and more.
- Discounts on conference registrations for ASAM and NJ-ASAM conferences.
- Discounts on educational content from ASAM are available online through ASAM’s Live Learning Center and in the future NJ-ASAM will be offering lectures online.
- Can obtain fellow designation. ASAM’s Fellow designation gives recognition to and raises awareness of ASAM members who are board certified addiction specialists. ASAM Fellows are able to use the FASAM designation after their name and use the special ASAM Fellow logo on certain pre-authorized items. To qualify for the FASAM designation, physicians must be members of ASAM for two consecutive years and be currently certified in Addiction Medicine by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) OR in Addiction Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- Access to a network of leading experts in the field; meet friends, colleagues, mentors, role models, admired experts, and more in ASAM and NJ-ASAM.
- In the future, we will be offering on our website a listing service for Physician Locator on the NJ-ASAM website with detailed practice information.
- Opportunities for involvement in various issues NJASAM are doing including:
- community outreach
- online webinars
- Live lectures
- Political action committees.