To use the physician locator, it is recommended to search by the appropriate county, then press continues to find a list of physicians in your area. You do not need to login to use the physician locator.
This locator is provided as a service to CSAM members and to those seeking an addiction medicine professional who specializes in the treatment of substance use disorders. To those who use the locator, please note that CSAM does not make referrals for clinical care, and the list of members is not intended for that purpose.
The locator shows basic contact information and whether the member is certified by the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) in the subspecialty of addiction medicine under the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). Additionally, the locator lists the specialty information for each member (as supplied by the member) and information about each member’s current positions.
Only current CSAM members are listed in the locator. If you are a physician, addiction medicine professional, or a medical student and would like to be included in the physician locator, the first step is to join ASAM/CSAM here.
Members are distinguished in the locator by their type of membership as follows:
- Physician member – licensed to practice allopathic or osteopathic medicine in the United States.
- Early Career Physician member – physicians in their first two years after completing an accredited residency or fellowship program or in their first two years of practicing Addiction Medicine as a significant portion of their practice.
- Resident / Fellow member – interns, residents or fellows serving in an approved hospital, or fellowship program. Members must provide proof of current enrollment in a residency program and must have a valid license in localities where required.
- Associate member – non-physicians who teach, conduct research or provide clinical care for individuals who are at risk for, or have a substance use disorder. Associate members must have a degree in one of the eligible professions.
- Retired member – physicians who have completely retired from the practice of medicine or osteopathy and are not required to maintain a valid allopathic or osteopathic medical license.